The Coral Triangle Initiative (CTI) Project Mapping Tool is a database and an interactive map of development activities in the Coral Triangle – all in one web-based application.
It aims to provide a monitoring platform that will help the six countries belonging to the multilateral partnership Coral Triangle Initiative on Coral Reefs, Fisheries and Food Security (CTI-CFF) coordinate their activities and resources amongst each other.
The tool is also geared to assist decision-makers from the National Coordinating Committees (NCC), donors, non-government organizations, and national agencies monitor the achievement of the five goals in the Regional Plan of Action of the CTI-CFF.
The main innovation of the CTI Project Mapping Tool is its “cloud-collaboration” function. This means that users can actively contribute to keeping the project database up-to-date and growing instead of just “consuming” information.
- Search for projects by keywords using the database.
- If the user is logged in, this is also the place to select a particular project for editing (redirected to map view) or to enter a new project in the database.
- Map to view projects on a map.
- The user can either show the entire portfolio or individual projects. A legend and filter function helps in further explaining and managing the information on the map.
- If the user is logged in, this is also the dialogue in which users can edit individual projects and their locations.
- Monitor to provide a statistical summary on the entire CTI project portfolio.
- The monitoring view currently contains nine portfolio indicators distinguished by goals and countries and is generated directly from the project database to ensure that graphs and charts are always up to date.
Users of the tool in the Philippines include the following agencies:
- Conservation International-Philippines;
- Biodiversity Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR);
- Foreign Assisted and Special Projects Office (FASPO) of DENR;
- Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources;
- University of the Philippines Marine Science Institute;
- World Wildlife Fund-Philippines; and
If your organization wants to contribute entries to the CTI Project Mapping Tool, email us at email@example.com and we will get in touch with you.